Berlingo Forum

Full Version: radiator fan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I have a 2003 berlingo with a dw8 engine and no a/c
the radiator fan has never cut in and gets very hot when sat in traffic
I have had a look for a rad fan switch , but can not find one !
there are two relays at the side of the radiator which when I test them only one works (fast) and the other one just clicks , iv traced it down to a resistor behind the radiator which I think if faulty ! but where is the sensor for the temp ?? .. Hope this makes sense Smile
Temp sensor is the green 2 pin sensor on top of the stat housing, it does both the temp gauge and the trigger for ecu.
sorry for the necropost but i have the same issue with my 06 dw8 non aircon.
fan never comes on and temp climbs high when in traffic.
i disconnected the green temp sensor and instantly the temp climbed into the red and fans came on.
have i a dodgey sensor or do i need to keep looking?
the coolant needs to be really hot -120C before the fans come on . I tested one because I thought it was faulty but it wasn't . I don't think your sensor is dodgy.

Diesel engines don't need to waste as much heat as petrol ones .
i got a bit worried when the temp started climbing beyond 90c and started shitting myself when it got close to 100c
i assumed the fans would come on to keep the coolant in and around 90c?
Hi,
Sorry if this is redundant.
I have a 05 Multispace 1.4 i
I just replaced the radiator and afterward noticed the fan doesnt run. It used to run quite frequently once the engine got up to temp.
I pulled the fan out and I have 12V at the fan motor connector which only has two wires so I'm thinking has the fan motor gone bad?
I dont want to buy a new fan for no reason so...
any thoughts?