Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Splitting front driveshaft on 2006 Mk2??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. Thanks for accepting me to the forum. I am a newbie and this is my first post. I am in the process of replacing my clutch on a 2006 mk2 1.9D. The near side drive shaft has been removed. I am currently trying to split the OS drive shaft. I have undone the two 11mm nuts to the end of the threads, and twisted the 'hooked' bolts through 90 degrees. Now, how does the axle actually split? I can't get it to move at all either way!! Any help greatly appreciated. Driving me daft. Thanks in advance. Bobo1.
The driveshaft centre bearing is often a bit stuck in its housing. You will need to bash it out with a drift or chisel. Near where the two 11mm nuts came from, there is a collar around the shaft, that you can drift against. A few taps should have it out, tap in the direction of the wheel.
Many thanks for a quick reply. I shall give this a go in the next couple of days. Much appreciated!
Worked a treat. Many thanks!
Nice to see you've got it sorted Confusedalut: