Berlingo Forum

Full Version: aerial lead route
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just bought and successfully installed an Autodab adapter/converter which has turned my factory fitted radio into a fully functioning dab radio. The kit came with all the adapters needed for the head unit and aerial and gives full use of the steering wheel stalks - all for £149. I had previously bought a new dab radio but it didnt support stalk controls and it would have cost about £90 on top of the £120 already paid.

Anyway, remaining problem is finding the route for the window mounted aerial from the back of the radio along to the bottom of the windscreen so that I can run the leads up the window post.

Any suggestions? I'd really like to complete this project myself.

Lorna
might help if you mentioned what year/shape berlingo, ive done this in the mk3 but it might not help you
(12-10-2014, 04:02 PM)finny Wrote: [ -> ]might help if you mentioned what year/shape berlingo, ive done this in the mk3 but it might not help you

Thanks finny - sorry, new to all this and was my first post. Failed dismally in the important info bit! I have a 2011 multispace xtr which is a new shape.

Lorna
I ran mine from the stereo behind and above the glove box space, if you open passenger door you will see a triangle shape panel, this just pops off, you can also pull out the passenger side round shapped storage thingy to help, its hollow behind there and quite easy to get it through, the trim alongside the windscreen just pops off to, my aerial is stuck to the glass, the wire goes straight behind pillar trim then down side of dash into the hollow space, keep poking it through towards stereo, put your hand in hole where the round storage bin has been removed and pull it towards the head unit, with the headunit removed its then really easy to connect, you will need to pull part of the door seal rubber off to get the trims off, that just pushes back on when your finish, hope this helps
(14-10-2014, 08:12 PM)finny Wrote: [ -> ]I ran mine from the stereo behind and above the glove box space, if you open passenger door you will see a triangle shape panel, this just pops off, you can also pull out the passenger side round shapped storage thingy to help, its hollow behind there and quite easy to get it through, the trim alongside the windscreen just pops off to, my aerial is stuck to the glass, the wire goes straight behind pillar trim then down side of dash into the hollow space, keep poking it through towards stereo, put your hand in hole where the round storage bin has been removed and pull it towards the head unit, with the headunit removed its then really easy to connect, you will need to pull part of the door seal rubber off to get the trims off, that just pushes back on when your finish, hope this helps

Brilliant, thank you so much, just the sort of answer I was hoping for.
Lorna