Berlingo Forum

Full Version: '06 2ltr HDi fuel sender
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apologies to all if this has cropped up elsewhere (struggling to find what I need to know despite searching)

My 2006 HDi van (2ltr diesel) has an intermittent fuel gauge issue. It started about a year ago when I filled it up and the gauge read the correct reading. After a short trip I parked the van. Came back started her up and the gauge only said quarter full. I knew the tank was almost full so ignored it. Next journey the gauge worked fine again and continued to function normally for ages. Since then this intermittent fault has got more frequent and now the gauge occassionally shows less fuel than is present in tank on other days it works fine. I have actually seen the gauge rise up when the van is started only to instantly drop to a false reading much lower than is present in tank. Its got more erratic just lately and having clouded my head with possible causes Im inclined to look at cleaning the sender unit as a first port of call.
Can anyone tell me how (or if) I can access it without dropping the fuel tank? 
Ps Had this van for almost three years (its ex-forestry commission currenty has 90K on clock) and whilst its got a great engine its been a pain for faults. So far had to replace steering rack, inner tie rods, power steering pump, alternator, brake servo, front wheel bearings, steering column, front springs, shocks, strut bearings....are you bored yet?