Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Engine juddering and cutting out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All
I have a 2005 1.4 Petrol Berlingo and recently I have been having major engine troubles. When sitting idle the engine judders quite violently and the needle on the rev counter either shoots up to over 2000rpm or starts stuttering under 1000rpm and dies. When I start the engine in the morning and go to pull away quite often nothing happens when I put my foot on the accelerator and the engine stalls. Strangely if I turn the blowers on full and immediately put my foot on the clutch the engine cuts out?!? Also there have been several occasions over the last couple of weeks the temperature gauge has shot up and the 'STOP' light on the dash starts flashing.
Any ideas what this could be? I haven't had anything done to it recently. Someone suggested that it could be the cylinder head gasket so I checked under the oil cap and on the dipstick but didn't see any 'milkhshake' type substance.
Any help would be much appreciated.