Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Everything is Dead then OK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 09 late XTR, a month or so ago trying to start the car, ABS warning lamp ON, nothing happened trying to start car, then a few mins later all is ok.

Last night went to leave car started ok then realised I and forgotten something so stopped the car after I had driven 20 yards and engine had been running for 30 sec at most. Keys removed.

Came back a minute later to see front wipers on, put key in and radio goes full blast, ABS and Airbag light ON try to start car absolutely nothing happened.

Went to find manual and back in the car in a minute or so and surprise surprise everything is back to normal and working fine.

Started ok for journey home.

Could this be because I had switch the engine off so soon after starting?

Looking at the manual it doesn't say those warning light immobilise the car?

Or do I have a serious fault looming on the horizon which is going t leave me stuck in the middle of nowhere?

Any help or pointers greatly Appreciated.
my diesel 16i refused to start about a month ago. The engine turned over but the engine refused to start, even rolling it down a long hill.

Got it taken to a main dealer and they put it on the diagnostic and found nothing wrong.

Put the key in and it started straight away... Electronincs playing silly buggers with me. So it could be a tiny bit of corrosion in the plugs of the electronics slowly affecting the starting..

Regards Bill Heart