Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Your Citroen Berlingo experiences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I would love to hear your experiences. Good and bad. I'm considering Berlingo as my next car. I've experience with Toyota and Mitsubishi, but never had a Citroen before. I want a little spacious van with 5 seats, with the option to remove the seats for goods and camping. I've totally fallen for the Berlingo.

I've been warned that Citroens have a lot of weaknesses and faults - and if I decide to get one I'll be the workshops new VIP. Is this true or is it just old thinking? 
Can you tell me how your ownership has been and what type of problems have you run into? Do you think the Berlingo is less reliable than cars from Toyota and Mitsubishi? 

I can't really find another type of car that fulfills my wishlist as well as the Berlingo. What should I look out for when purchasing one?
Thank you for your time and help!
I owned from new a 2003 2.0HDi for 9 years and now have a 2012 XTR 110. I have had no problems with either.
If your looking for second hand then service history, service history, service history are the three most important things to check.
Never had a Toyota or Mitsubishi so cannot comment on them.
Had mine from new over 6yrs. 1.6diesel. Only problem in 65k miles has been egr valve failure, it was out of warranty but I kicked up a right stink with emails to Citroen UK & they coughed up £300 of the £500 repair. So happy enough with it. I get mine main dealer serviced once a yr which ensures correct oil drain procedure & correct oil used which is essential for these 1.6 diesels. If you are buying secondhand ensure car has full main dealer service history.

Paintwork, seats & interior trim are all still in good nick. I'm not fastidious either, car lives outdoors & gets washed about once a month.
Hi Torin, I haven't owned my Berlingo long, it's a nearly new 64 plate multispace. Like you I've chosen it because of it flexibility for camping etc. it has van origins but this model is quite refined, great comfort and driving position. The engine is one of the best diesels on the market , very reliable and economical. I plan to keep mine for quite a few years, want an Amdro Bootjump to go with it, check them out on YouTube if youve not seem them before, they're a great addition to a tent. Rob Smile
Hi,
I ran a 09 Xtr spec 90hdi for 18 months or so and it was a competent, Reliable trustworthy companion for those 18 month, Only needing a Mot, Tyre's, A service and not much else in 30,000 odd miles.

I was very wary of the interior plastics as they don't really have a I feel a nice quality feel but then again nothing broke, Fell off and the only things that were broken were the stupid floor pockets in the rear.

The driving position, Comfort and viability are very very good and I do miss it.

Would I have another, Yes but possibly a Van but only if they did a proper Lwb with out that stupid little bit thats tacked on after the rear doors and yes now you can get a 6 speed box which it was sorely in need of.