Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Engine swap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Mk2 van and am looking at an engine conversion. I'm not sure whether to keep it a diesel or convert to a petrol at this point, I just want to look at my options.

I know a 306 GTi6 engine will fit, and the HDi engines, but what else? I have been offered a 406 2.0 turbo complete car, will that engine fit?

Thanks!
only way to go 1905 xud9te (306 d turbo) BIG SMILES if you need any info I will be happy to help
Just out of curiosity,how does changing an engine for a different type or size affect things like the MOT? I assumed it would cause problems with the DVLA or VOSA or whatever is the name of the month.
well you should tell your insurance and dvla for the relative paper work and extra insurance fees
You are required to notify DVLA of changes to fuel type and engine size.
They also (for some reason) require an invoice from the garage that did it, even if you did it yourself, but this doesn't apply to *historic* vehicles strangely enough.

MOT emissions will be based on the year of the engine fitted.
(10-08-2015, 10:49 PM)biggums Wrote: [ -> ]only way to go 1905 xud9te (306 d turbo) BIG SMILES  if you need any info I will be happy to help

what he says i am yet to put said engine in mine but i have and do run difrent 306's with that engine fitted and really can not fault them.

i've found that french don't make good petrol engines Confused but each to there own and all that Blush