Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Rear beam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to lower my 06' van. I fitted coilovers without a hitch, got the offside torsion bar adjusted but the nearside bar just won't budge. I then put the offside torsion bar back in the original position.

I have tried everything! Hub puller, a 10 tonne press but it just bent the arm, heat and ice.

If I'm going to change the beam for one that isn't seized, does it HAVE to be a Berlingo beam? Are 306 beams the same? Convert to rear discs maybe?
(15-05-2015, 01:22 PM)til5101 Wrote: [ -> ]I want to lower my 06' van. I fitted coilovers without a hitch, got the offside torsion bar adjusted but the nearside bar just won't budge. I then put the offside torsion bar back in the original position.

I have tried everything! Hub puller, a 10 tonne press but it just bent the arm, heat and ice.

If I'm going to change the beam for one that isn't seized, does it HAVE to be a Berlingo beam? Are 306 beams the same? Convert to rear discs maybe?

right there matey the beam off a 306 wont fit the only one that will fit is pug 405 so if you were able to get hold of a decent one it would have to be mi 16 would then have discs

good luck
What he said, but the 406 torsion bars are thinner so it will carry less weight and I don't think you need to lower the 406 beam as it is lower to start with.