Berlingo Forum

Full Version: DIY Boot Liner.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought my Berlingo as it can be used as a van, I'm often DIY'ing at home and need to get stuff in the car/van.
I also have a log burner so any opportunity to bring home scrap wood or logs and they'll go in the car/van.

I'm also sick of the boot getting marked and grubby from tools, boots etc.

2 weeks ago I lined the boot with some vinyl flooring and velcro'd the sides up but this wasn't working too well tbh.

So today I modified it by adding a batten frame.

It's a bit on the crude side but it does what I wanted it to, keep the car/van clean.

[Image: fcc1e20ccc52cfad2329e3a520f9cdd5_zpstwhyqdgj.jpg]

The rear panel folds down and I have another piece of vinyl to lay on the floor where the rear seats go.

[Image: eb9812e76cd9d7b1dd37910d0592c825_zpsjzkvr5lj.jpg]

This piece of vinyl stows away behind the rear seats when it's not needed.

[Image: 488527c280e2c0961d23ec69d55e654c_zps6rok6ouj.jpg]

The boot in workday use.

[Image: 22c4c326dfdf805a7b879a04ca4b293b_zpsgella98m.jpg]

[Image: 0695c86a285db5d75d4b701204399f3f_zpsagozsw6i.jpg]
Very cool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not bad handy to get in and out of the boot space when you need to  Smile
Great job!! I notice that your clothes appear to be in the back.....Did the neighbours complain
when they saw you working on the van naked??  Wink Big Grin
Lol, that's my work clobber.

I made it all up in my back garden and then took it out to the car, and I'll tell you what would've been a funny site for others, me realising that the tailgate wouldn't shut!

I'd forgotten to allow for that ridge of plastic each side behind the rear seats, I felt like Frank Spencer! Lol

20 minutes of head scratching and the odd chuckle to myself then back to the garden for a 'minor adjustment', 30 minutes later, complete.