Berlingo Forum

Full Version: I'm new and looking for answers haha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Iv recently brought a lingo on a 53 plate and I'm in the process of respraying it I need help to take the sliding doors off the car so I can paint the door shuts please anyone shed a lititle light I don't fancy going in blind.
(04-09-2015, 06:21 AM)0121ash109 Wrote: [ -> ]Iv recently brought a lingo on a 53 plate and I'm in the process of respraying it I need help to take the sliding doors off the car so I can paint the door shuts please anyone shed a lititle light I don't fancy going in blind.

Hi.The sliding rear doors are very easy to remove and the procedure is fully outlined on page 11.6 [ bodywork and fittings ] in the Citroen Berlingo and Peugeot Partner Haynes owners workshop manual. If your doing any mechanical work at all on your car this is an excellent source of information and at less than £20 an absolute must.Good luck with your respray,are you removing the windscreen as well ?
Cheers for that I may have to invest in a manual as for the windscreen I'm just removing the outer rubber cos the screen is bonded and don't fancy the cost
Hello 0121ash109 welcome to the forum good to have you with us wow that green is bright nice though  Cool
Dont want to tell you how to suck eggs but please be health conscious and make use of a GOOD quality dust mask,also be aware that some paints are poisonous ie 2pack [ isocyanide ] ,even water based paint can be aggressive inside your lungs.
There are a lot of things against you now a days not least of which is your neighbors right to clean air.Ive sprayed a lot of cars and motorcycles including a few custom jobs for shows back in the day ,its a lot of work but can be really rewarding.If i can give you any advice at all,take pictures of everything before you do it and always choose a colour that will sell,and be aware that if its a colour change ,the insurance may be loaded.The pictures in case your wondering will prove to buyers that the car wasnt accident damaged,rusted out or stolen even ! Good luck and may all the nats and flies in your area not realize that your painting untill youve done it.
Never thought of insurance Owell it's a lingo them cheap to insure anyway lol got plenty of picks but not really lookin to sell any time soon it's me dog van and bike van as for the neighbours they can't see me spraying if got a carport which I temporary turn into a booth with the help of clear bags
(05-09-2015, 08:03 PM)0121ash109 Wrote: [ -> ]Never thought of insurance Owell it's a lingo them cheap to insure anyway lol got plenty of picks but not really lookin to sell any time soon it's me dog van and bike van as for the neighbours they can't see me spraying if got a carport which I temporary turn into a booth with the help of clear bags

OK .I guess its important to be aware of these things anyway,i was lucky ,back in the day i used to own a very large bungalow with a quarter acre and 2 double garages,the beauty of that was it was right on the edge of a industrial estate which although it kept the price down it was extremely use full and allowed me to fulfill my passions of customs and drag racing.I could make as much noise as i wanted and the "paint residue" didnt cause any problems,i also had 2 x spray shops in units quite close to me which was a great sorce of information,and we all became great friends.The good old days ey.
i have recently bought citroen berlingo multispace 2011 1.6 90 hp after spending 700 euro fixing the airbag light i been told by official dealer not worth to fix my car due the oil clocking filter and egr need to fix and apart oif it the car wire eninge has been mesp up but in reality the car going without shwoing any symthom of it put of display only any one can help i just spend my 4 years all saving to have this car and now i been told noth worth to fix the car
(15-09-2015, 11:54 AM)Lie Siang Kho Wrote: [ -> ]i have recently bought citroen berlingo multispace 2011 1.6  90 hp after spending 700 euro fixing the airbag light i been told by official dealer not worth to fix my car due the oil clocking filter and egr need to fix and apart oif it the car wire eninge has been mesp up but in reality the car going without shwoing any symthom of it put of display only any one can help i just spend my 4 years all saving to have this car and now i been told noth worth to fix the car

Hi Lie Siang Kho.  You have actually typed your problem in  the wrong thread.You will get plenty of help but i would advise you to start a new thread.Here's how to do it.-------- Scroll to the top of this page and you will see the words BERLINGO FORUM click on this.It will take you to the main page where if you scroll down you will see B9 SECOND GENERATION.Click on this then at the top of the page you will see in a black block the words POST THREAD .Click on this,then write in the box your problem,this will be more visible as a new problem , and you should get plenty of help.Good luck.Graham.