Berlingo Forum

Full Version: 29 or 48 tooth ABS sensor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have an ex-forestry Berlingo van. 2.0HDI my2006

as you can guess i have had to swap the rear axle. on pulling the old axle off it appears the previous owner has already swapped out the ABS equipped axle with a non-ABS axle.

so to confuse matters i now have a van that has ABS but the rear wheel bearings are non ABS.

I want to get the ABS functioning as it should so id like to find out is if i should buy the 29tooth wheel bearing or the 48 tooth wheel bearing?

Please help!
I'd expect the front of the vehicle to use the same number of teeth as the rear so with this in mind you could count the number of teeth on the driveshaft reluctor ring to give you the answer.

You could of course ask at the main dealer spares counter and at the very least they could tell you which actual bearing you will need. A decent motor factors should also be able to assist.

Does your existing rear axle have the facility to mount the ABS sensors ? Sensors will also vary according to model / age.
You get the ring built in with a new hub and bearing combined.
(11-10-2015, 10:44 PM)frogeyes Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have an ex-forestry Berlingo van. 2.0HDI my2006

as you can guess i have had to swap the rear axle. on pulling the old axle off it appears the previous owner has already swapped out the ABS equipped axle with a non-ABS axle.

so to confuse matters i now have a van that has ABS but the rear wheel bearings are non ABS.

I want to get the ABS functioning as it should so id like to find out is if i should buy the 29tooth wheel bearing or the 48 tooth wheel bearing?

Please help!

VIN of car to my PM
(12-10-2015, 08:13 AM)geoff Wrote: [ -> ]I'd expect the front of the vehicle to use the same number of teeth as the rear so with this in mind you could count the number of teeth on the driveshaft reluctor ring to give you the answer.

You could of course ask at the main dealer spares counter and at the very least they could tell you which actual bearing you will need. A decent motor factors should also be able to assist.

Does your existing rear axle have the facility to mount the ABS sensors ? Sensors will also vary according to model / age.

The axle does have space for sensors.

Will see if pk7478 can help.

Appreciate the replies so far
In Vigo plant your M59 was equipped with 29 tooth wheel.
Model of sensor - Bosch 0 265 006 659
Thank you so much!
Well done PK !!!!!!!