Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Master cylinder replacement.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Help!!
Having just replaced the master cylinder on our 2006 Berlingo Forte the clutch pedal has dropped and is not working at all.  The resevoir was kept full and out of the way while the cylinder was replaced and everything was going well until when trying the barkes, which are fine by the way, it was noticed that the clutch pedal was on the floor.  When depressed it just flops straight to the floor and the level of fluid in the resevoir moves ever so slightly but there is no operation of the clutch.

What have I done wrong??
You must have bled the brakes for them to be o.k. but you do not mention bleeding the clutch.
Welcome to the forum ,

I'll try and help , if I'm wrong someone else will soon let you know how to sort it.

Depends on what engine you have , details help. Assuming you were changing the brake master cylinder ?

If you have a hydraulic clutch then it needs bled as I think the brake fluid reservoir also supplies the clutch cylinder

If you have a cable operated clutch then the cable must have been disconnected at the pedal.
Sorry yes, it was the brake master cylinder that was replaced. The engine is the HDi 16. The clutch system was not bled as we kept fluid in the reservoir and just held it up above the brake master cylinder.
Bleed the clutch.