Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Berlingo 1.6 hdi conversion to 2.0 hdi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right I bought an 07 berlingo enterprises 1.6 hdi with a poggered turbo an know the engine has a real loud deisel knock so iv managed to get my hands on a 2.0 hdi Peugeot 206 on the 2000 reg looking for some pointers an some help before I begin my project thanks hope some of you can give me some help or advis
There will be problems matching vehicle electronics with those of the new engine for starters.Look into it well before commiting yourself.
you would be better off fitting another 1.6 HDI engine that will need coding too why not strip the turbo off take a look at it check the oil feed pipe to the turbo to see if it's clear or blocked if it's clear get a rag by the oil feed pipe get some one to start the engine do not rev the engine tick over only see if you have a good flow rate of the oil feed pipe you mite get away with just a new turbo but if it's blocked you may need to clean sump out and the oil pick up pipe need's cleaning or a new one fitted. Then the turbo oil feed pipe there is a small gause filter on the engine side of the pipe take that off let us know how you get on.