Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Very high mileage 2009 Multispace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. Would 170,000 miles on a 2009 Multispace be too high to consider as a second hand purchase? I'm thinking probably yes. It is a 1.6 hdi 90. It apparently has a full service history and looks to be in remarkably good condition from the pictures I've seen. It's also cheap. Those are massive miles though so I'm thinking it is best avoided. I'm presuming it was probably a taxi previously.

Can those engines do huge miles if looked after well?
It's all to do with a proven S/H.They last forever when serviced properly but blow turbos if neglected.Check if main dealer or indy serviced.The oil used is as important as the change intervals.I don't know your skill level but give it a good check out.look for obvious signs like dirty interior,broken trim etc.
Hello Todd welcome to the forum if it was a taxi you've got to think off all that stop starting it's done sort trip's sat ticking over in the winter but if it's done motorway mile's it's not as bad so see if you can find out .
Make sure it's got a full service history have a good test drive make sure your happy with the Berlingo.
Thanks for the advice all! I'll try and get more info about its previous use and the service history before going to view. I have quite a specific wish list in that I need a 7 seat model with air con and they are surprisingly few and far between. This one has both.

Much obliged.
Yes it may be cheap but what will it cost in repairs.170k is a lot of miles if you dont know the history,my advise would be to walk away,save your money and put it towards a low mileage older car.My Berlingo ive had for 6 years and it had only 27k miles on it when i purchased it and now has only 55k,its a MK1 now 13 years old and i guess it would be worth something around £1500 if sold.They are about ,be patient.