Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Tyre Pressure Query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

My '97 1.9d has 185/55 R15 tyres all round on nice alloy wheels. (The tyres are a mixture of T, H & V rated which may not be an issue as they're all ratings above the max. speed.)

The Owner's manual specifies 165/70 14 and gives the pressures at 42psi front & 46psi rear. Some trawling around the web for tyre information found a site that listed a 195/65 R15 size running at 33psi all round.

There are a number of sites that give formulae to calculate tyre pressures from the max pressure specified on the tyre and the laden weight of the vehicle but there's nothing about front/ rear differential.

So, my questions are: does anyone know what pressures I should be using and are these tyres a non-standard size and is this a problem?

Thanks for your help.
42 PSI sounds very hard to me, i run 185/55/15's on steels at 33 psi all round, occasionally 36 at the rear when carrying a load, towing, or the mother in law.
Many thanks, DanClark, 33psi and 36 loaded sound like a good pressures to work with.

I try to avoid carrying mother-in-laws due to the whining noise it creates. (c;
Almost certain mine are 185/55/15s too (2003 1.6 petrol) and the manual gives pressures for that exact size - 99% certain it's 2.3 bar unladen all round. Don't recall the fully loaded figures, can't get to it to check until next week. 2.3 bar is 33psi near as dammit so confirms Dan's figure.