Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Leaky injector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,
One injector on 56 plate 1.6hdi getting progressively leakier at the mo, tried tightening the bugger up and that worked a while.
The thing itself seems to function fairly well once things are warm.
I assume what I need getting done is new injector seal and potentially recut seat...is that about right? Also how much is reasonable to be charged for this? The other 3 are sound so not going to interfere with em.

Cheers
The job can be a little labour intensive because although leaking they can be a bugger to get out.

But i would have thought £150 would cover it or a bit less if the injector comes out easy.

Insist on a recut seat and an oil change at the same time.
Thanks polar, that's a reassurance, in my mind I was making it out to be a bigger, dearer job than that - will stop putting it off and get it sorted
We charge about £90 + vat to remove the injector, recut the seat & refit with new seals etc.
Thanks folks, it turns out that whilst 1 injector was leaking, it now isn't - suspect as a result of me tightening its bolts a bit. Still has a load of black gunge round it but can live with that. Am running through half a tank with wurth cr injector cleaner in at the moment - it's already stopped stumbling when cold, and seems much smoother overall. Seems I was fearing the worst as I tend to do!
May pay you to have a read of this tread

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/thread-4638.html
Thanks polar, that's what I read before tightening the bolts. Does kinda make me wish I'd read it before buying the thing as would have gone for the 2 litre...but have put a shade over 20k on it without anything too unexpected falling off, and will probably add plenty more, so can't really complain for a 2 and a bit k car
Once the leaking injectors have been done you should be okay for many hassle free miles the 1.6 is generally a good engine.