Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Hello there. . . . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hello fellow berlingo drivers, i have had two berlingo vans now. currently on the 06 model, so new but not the newest. i have found them to be quality BASS box's and very reliable on the road.
my current van is known to my palls as Bass-lingo for its Stuppid system. Custom bulkhead install with its own built in bass box. 2 x 12" Black air subs driven by 4000watts (Box make to take up to 15" subs), 2 sets of Black Air 6x9's and 2x 1 1/2" dome tweeters driven by a further 2000watts. ill load a pick up soon. a few LED bulbs here and there and the rest basic.

But.... i am getting a fresh berlingo Van in the next few weeks so i will have to rebuild it all again. Can not wait really it will be fun.

I am hoping to swap tips and tricks as i am guna make the new van sound mint but also perform and look great too.

Hello and a very warm welcome. We are quite large in number, they are all just being a bit shy.

4000watts? Can hear you from here.
(21-09-2011, 04:13 PM)BASS-lingo Wrote: [ -> ]
Hello fellow berlingo drivers, i have had two berlingo vans now. currently on the 06 model, so new but not the newest. i have found them to be quality BASS box's and very reliable on the road.
my current van is known to my palls as Bass-lingo for its Stuppid system. Custom bulkhead install with its own built in bass box. 2 x 12" Black air subs driven by 4000watts (Box make to take up to 15" subs), 2 sets of Black Air 6x9's and 2x 1 1/2" dome tweeters driven by a further 2000watts. ill load a pick up soon. a few LED bulbs here and there and the rest basic.

But.... i am getting a fresh berlingo Van in the next few weeks so i will have to rebuild it all again. Can not wait really it will be fun.

I am hoping to swap tips and tricks as i am guna make the new van sound mint but also perform and look great too.

Welcome aboard.It sound as though I will save a fortune on hearing aid batteries.
Hello BASS-Lingo - I'm afraid I didn't understand a word of what you wrote, but welcome and hope we can learn from each other !!!!
Hi Bass and welcome to the forum

hello, i was just wondering how you brought the positive lead to the amp? i cudnt find any hole to bring it through the fire wall. also im gonna be puttin a bulkhead install into my van, cud you post a pic or two for sum ideas??
(23-09-2011, 09:55 AM)anthonym Wrote: [ -> ]hello, i was just wondering how you brought the positive lead to the amp? i cudnt find any hole to bring it through the fire wall. also im gonna be puttin a bulkhead install into my van, cud you post a pic or two for sum ideas??

right then, i found a wiring hole in the foot well of the passenger side. about 3" diameter. it has a fabric disc over it too. you can also see it low down in the engine bay. see pics for more info.
Note. instead of removing the whole disk. i punched a hole big anuff for the Positive lead. removing the disk will allow engine sound into the cab.

ass for the Bulk head, it took a few days to get it built and installed, i used the original bulkhead as a template. a large sheet off MDF (i used 18mm thick) for the bulkhead wall and then built the box onto the bottom. i found laying in a carpet on the van floor helped to reduce rattling and gave it a good flat surface to sit on.

I will be Building this set up again in the about 2-3 weeks time and will post a step-by-step guide
ohh and see my latest thread for my current set-up
thanks very much, i got my positive lead though with no hasstle. im just waitin to get a few pound together so i can start my install. i have 2 12"subs wit a 1000watt amp, it'll keep me goin for a bit. thanks again
Currently working on my subs now!
nice thank youSmile