Berlingo Forum

Full Version: White Smoke exhaust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Its me again with the Berlingo 1.6 HDI Diesel model 2008. Few days ago, it started emitting a white smoke in the morning at starting, the smoke looks to have fuel smell. The car starts vibrating and bit shaking at the start. Just very few minutes and things are back to normal, the white smoke is annoying as it is very smelly though it lasts for very few minutes at the cold start only.

Can anyone advise? 

Thanks a million.
that's a sign on earlier models Berlingo of the glow plugs needing renewed , whether it applies to your engine I'm not sure.!
You have a misfire 1st thing to try is a new fuel filter- fill it with injector clean before fitting and see if that sorts it.
Next is testing the injectors.

Brod. Later engines only needed glowplugs for emission reasons (unless temp is well in the minuses-not likely in Isreal)
(04-04-2016, 07:06 PM)brodfather11 Wrote: [ -> ]that's a sign on earlier models Berlingo  of the glow plugs needing renewed , whether it applies to your engine I'm not sure.!

Thank you brodfather, but I have no problem in starting the engine, the engine starts quickly from the first try.
(04-04-2016, 07:15 PM)Col Wrote: [ -> ]You have a misfire 1st thing to try is a new fuel filter- fill it with injector clean before fitting and see if that sorts it.
Next is testing the injectors.

Brod. Later engines only needed glowplugs for emission reasons (unless temp is well in the minuses-not likely in Isreal)

Hi Col. I will try it and keep you updated.
Many Thanks,