Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Newcomer with 3 Berlingos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there. Just signed in to this forum. I have recently bought 3 Berlingos - one for my wife, one for my daughter and finally one for myself. Just come back from the UK to Denmark. Drove nonstop from Wiltshire to Copenhagen, 18 hours without any problems whatsoever. 2007 1.6 16 v Berlingo. The only offputting thing are the switched 12 volt sockets in the console. My fridge stops every time I turn off the engine, and the milk goes sour. Have to find a wire that is not switched..30 Amp.
Any solutions to the problem.
Anders
Hi & welcome.The sockets are a pain. Have you checked through the threads?
3 berlingos,gulp! One is enough for me,! Hope they behave them self's, and welcome,
If you have the Modutop then the sockets in the overhead compartments on either side stay on all the time I believe :-). I've used them to charge a phone, but a fridge might be pushing it....
A fridge, will flatten your battery in under 4 hours, be careful you don't end up having to push or jumpstart it !

A mains/12v fridge is the best solution, I've been able to come up with for my travels.

Mark
(17-05-2016, 09:33 PM)Satellitemark Wrote: [ -> ]A fridge, will flatten your battery in under 4 hours, be careful you don't end up having to push or jumpstart it !

A mains/12v fridge is the best solution, I've been able to come up with for my travels.

Mark

Hi there... I have solved the problem by running a wire straight from the battery  through a hole in the carbody. The fridge is a "clever" compressor type that switches itself off before running the battery flat. Works fine. 
Had to replace a brake hose to the rear discbrake, the type with both a metal and rubber liner, cost an arm and a leg. 
From sunny Denmark, Anders
Thanks for the update, do you have a link to the clever fridge as this sounds very interesting!

Mark
(30-05-2016, 06:07 PM)Satellitemark Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update, do you have a link to the clever fridge as this sounds very interesting!

Mark

Hi Mark, it's a Waeco fridge, quite expensive though, but it can also be used as a freezer as it goes down to minus 20 C.
Alas.... Now I have a serious with my brake system. I have just put new calipers on the rear brakes, and now the brake pedal just floors without much resistence. I thought it was the master brake cylinder, so I put a new on. Bloody expensive, but that didn't solve the problem. I have been fixing cars now for over 40 years, but this is new to me. Can anybody come up with solutions ? PLEASE, I'm pretty desperate.
P.S. it's my daughters car, and she is rather poor....
Anders
Thanks for the update, that sounds like a proper fridge / freezer !

Re the brakes, I'm sorry you seem to of covered everything I can think of, hopefully someone will be able to offer more assistance.

Good luck with it.

Mark
Waeco cr-50 is what we use in campers, but I think you need to check the specs, the fridge shuts off at 10.4v which won't save your battery at all, it's designed to not permanently kill your leisure battery by dropping it below approx 11v with no load
Pages: 1 2