Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, just put a deposit down on a 2006 1.6 petrol Berlingo. Paying balance and collect it a week on Saturday after it has had a full service, new cam belt and MOT.
I generally hate buying used cars as I am no mechanic. This is coming from Trelawney Citroen in Penzance and has been serviced by them throughout its life and was supplied by them when new. Not a pristine example as every bumper corner has scratches but the actual body panels are undamaged. Low miles and price reflects condition of bumpers. Also needs a good valet. It was one they took in part ex on a new Citroen.
I plan on having some smart repairs to bumper paint or picking up some black plastic bumpers from fleabay.
Hopefully the basic car will be sound. It drives well.
Any advice welcome re the 1.6 petrol engine. Don't know if they have any known faults.
Hi Jogler

Welcome to the forum let the Guys know if you have any issues they are full of useful knowledge covering all things .Have a look at the How to section loads of info there for you

Regards

Paul j
Hi from me too Smile

I am pretty new here too, but already I'm finding it a very friendly and useful forum.

I haven't even got mine yet !! (got to sell my VW T25 first) so still looking around and learning.

What made you go for a Berlingo?
(05-10-2016, 06:41 AM)ghost123uk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi from me too Smile

I am pretty new here too, but already I'm finding it a very friendly and useful forum.

I haven't even got mine yet !! (got to sell my VW T25 first) so still looking around and learning.

What made you go for a Berlingo?

Hi Ghost123uk,

With 2 sons away at Uni I needed something with van like qualities to lug all of their stuff around. Hiring vans for weekends was starting to get expensive!!
I am looking forward to getting it. I have asked dealer to check out a few things including the heater matrix as there is a strange smell when the heater is first turned on and I understand that to be a particular weakness. I just hope the dealer is as good as his word and actually does what he has agreed to do.
I pick up the vehicle on Saturday the 15th in Penzance and on the 20th we are due to drive up to the Isle of Skye and I would like to take the Bingo
Hi Jogler welcome to the forum the smell you refer to in the car if it smells a bit like a curry its usually the heater matrix on its way out so make sure its checked out.
Hello Jogler welcome to the forum good to have you with us enjoy your new toy Smile
(05-10-2016, 09:14 PM)Tomcat3 Wrote: [ -> ]The smell you refer to in the car if it smells a bit like a curry its usually the heater matrix on its way out so make sure its checked out.

Big job ?
Yeah think the dash has to come out