Berlingo Forum

Full Version: unsucky suckers for thermal blinds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi
I bought a set of foild backed thermal windscreen blinds for my berlingo conversion. problem is the suckers are so awful I'v given up and am using a curtain instead. The suckers are very stiff and dont want to stick to the windows, the colder the night the worse it is. I'd like to replace them with some suckers that work - can anyone suggest anything? A frined of mine got some good ones off ebay, but cannot for the life of him remember the name!!!! Huh
I had a similar problem using a dash Cam sucker I solved the problem by using a clear "Hair Gel" works works fine
EBay, window suckers,,
(10-10-2016, 07:17 PM)Johny555 Wrote: [ -> ]EBay, window suckers,,

yeah, but what sort? no point buying the same crappy ones again!
Put some little squares of self adhesive Velcro (or other proprietary brand of hook and loop fastener) in the corners of the window they shouldn't be too intrusive.
Adhesive Velcro got to be worth a look ?
i'd just go with cheap suckers off ebay and hope they are a bit more flexible, the ones linked to above are fine, (I use them on 2 screens i made for the rear windows on my barn doors) but im not sure they would fill the holes in your screens without a peny washer or similar...
(10-10-2016, 05:07 PM)peri Wrote: [ -> ]hi
I bought a set of foild backed thermal windscreen blinds for my berlingo conversion. problem is the suckers are so awful I'v given up and am using a curtain instead. The suckers are very stiff and dont want to stick to the windows, the colder the night the worse it is. I'd like to replace them with some suckers that work - can anyone suggest anything? A frined of mine got some good ones off ebay, but cannot for the life of him remember the name!!!! Huh

Where did you get your blinds?  am currently searching for suitable blinds for peugeot partner  which I think has same windows as berlingo -- want something for all windows -- prefer to buy rather than make as not sure of my skills in making ...but not having found any -- I may have to resort to making.  Suckers seem quite expensive for decent ones and have had problems in past on other vehciles with them not sticking very long.  Any advice welcome
Smear a little vaseline around the outer edge before you put them up. When you push the sucker on to the window you push the air out and the vaseline creates a seal that stops the air getting in. Make sure the window is clean before you put them up.
Pages: 1 2