Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

thought I'd pop in and say Hi. I've just bought a 2004 Sable Gold 2.0HDI Desire with Modutop, AC and only 67k on it. I've had *loads* of Citroens before - 3 XMs, 3 ZXs, a GSA, 5 2CVs, 6 Xantias and a Xsara (ugh). I've never owned a Berlingo, but had an R plate van as a company vehicle back in the late 90s and thrashed it mercilessly for over 100k with not a single breakdown.

I've primarily bought it for the missus to transport our 2 year old and all the associated stuff toddlers always seem to accumulate. I did have to drive it the 250 miles back from oop North (I'm from Burnley but live near Reading). First impressions - I love it! It's not quite as quiet as the Focus we also have, but the driving position is still great like the old van I used to have as it is, of course, basically a van with seats. However visibility is brilliant and they do handle nicely. The 2.0HDI has way more poke than that old 1.9D I used to drive :-) I trundled down at between 70 and 80 and it seems to have returned around 49mpg, which is way better than my old van used to do, though I did have a fuel card for that and drive it considerably less sympathetically.

It's just such a shame they never put the 110HDi motor in - my last Xantia had one, a wonderful engine. I do hear that the 90HDI can be remapped though...

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be back to pester with some inane questions about these lovely vehicles!

all the best

Mike P
Welcome to the forum mate, they did put the 110bhp in a few of them.
(10-11-2011, 10:18 PM)steve valentine Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forum mate, they did put the 110bhp in a few of them.

Ah, shame I couldn't get my hands on one. I do believe I can remap the 90 though, I'm scouring the forum now..

I've just replied to your post about the luggage cover .. can't PM you as I'm a newbie..
me email is emailsixpack @ aol . com
Welcome to the site Mike :wave:
(10-11-2011, 10:31 PM)steve valentine Wrote: [ -> ]me email is emailsixpack @ aol . com

Thanks Steve, have emailed you. Let me know if you don't get it. My email is mikewpearson1 at gmail dot com
(10-11-2011, 10:49 PM)Andre Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the site Mike :wave:

Thanks Andre!
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. Multispaces are brilliant for kids. The sliding door makes is so easy to get the little darlings in and out. The boot and the cubby holes also swallow up all the crap that they seem to need as well.
(11-11-2011, 10:43 AM)mikep1973 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2011, 10:31 PM)steve valentine Wrote: [ -> ]me email is emailsixpack @ aol . com

Thanks Steve, have emailed you. Let me know if you don't get it. My email is mikewpearson1 at gmail dot com
(10-11-2011, 10:49 PM)Andre Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the site Mike :wave:

Thanks Andre!

I haven't got it mate, have sent you an email