Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Dealers ..Pahh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I sent three emails over the weekend to localish Citroen dealers obtained from the main Citroen website.

I ticked ‘new sales’ in my search but one has replied that it is a Citroen Authorised Repairer, but does not have a sales contract with Citroen, but to their credit did recommend another dealer.

Another has replied asking what am I interested and can I phone them even though I asked ‘I am looking at getting a new Berlingo Multispace HDI 110 XTR. Do you have any in stock and if so what colours do you have?’

The third has not bothered to reply.

(05-12-2011, 03:46 PM)Trevor Wrote: [ -> ]I sent three emails over the weekend to localish Citroen dealers obtained from the main Citroen website.

I ticked ‘new sales’ in my search but one has replied that it is a Citroen Authorised Repairer, but does not have a sales contract with Citroen, but to their credit did recommend another dealer.

Another has replied asking what am I interested and can I phone them even though I asked ‘I am looking at getting a new Berlingo Multispace HDI 110 XTR. Do you have any in stock and if so what colours do you have?’

The third has not bothered to reply.
Obviously the Credit Crunch has not affected these dealers, and they don't need to put too much effort into selling their cars/:whistle: Nice choice, though.

I've found that with most services/businesses that you would expect to be desperate for sales/work at times like these. What credit crunch?
(05-12-2011, 04:55 PM)Andre Wrote: [ -> ]I've found that with most services/businesses that you would expect to be desperate for sales/work at times like these. What credit crunch?

What Credit Crunch ???:S Agreed, surely the dealers should be thankful for enquiries and following them up-Got to give full marks to my supplier-The Taxi Centre based at Glasgow Airport who gave first-rate service before and after purchase.
(05-12-2011, 06:54 PM)taxi Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2011, 04:55 PM)Andre Wrote: [ -> ]I've found that with most services/businesses that you would expect to be desperate for sales/work at times like these. What credit crunch?

What Credit Crunch ???:S

As in i meant "where is their [these businesses] Credit Crunch?"

You must think i've had my head in the sand since late 07!
I think if you speak direct to a person in sales you would get the service you would expect. Its when you have to go via via to speak to someone or find info out that people cannot be arsed. It still isn't an excuse.
That sounds just about right by my experience.
Update

Well after three emails the first dealer has admitted they dont actually have any on show.

However the third dealer has now replied and they do have the right trim and colour on show. It is second hand and has the 90 engine but at least I will be able to decide if its the colour I want.

One step forward Big Grin
I think that Philip is right, if you spoke to a sales person they should be keen as mustard to try to get a sale and some commission.

The Citroen website enquiries appear to be a waste of time. I put in a request weeks ago for a test drive of the automatic Berlingo, and while it was acknowledged after three weeks, nothing has happened since (weeks later) I am not proposing to buy one any time soon, but I would have thought that the dealers would be onto a new enquiry like a starving fly.
(06-12-2011, 05:25 PM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]I think that Philip is right, if you spoke to a sales person they should be keen as mustard to try to get a sale and some commission.

The Citroen website enquiries appear to be a waste of time. I put in a request weeks ago for a test drive of the automatic Berlingo, and while it was acknowledged after three weeks, nothing has happened since (weeks later) I am not proposing to buy one any time soon, but I would have thought that the dealers would be onto a new enquiry like a starving fly.

Two of the emails I sent were via the Citroen site, which I think explains the delay in getting a reply, but they were answerd by sales people.
Pages: 1 2