Berlingo Forum

Full Version: headlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
hi to all...i'm new to the forum as i've just purchased a mk2 berlingo and am looking to enhance the appearance.
i'm going to start with a full respray in black with areas done in gunmetal grey, chrome side steps, 18" alloy wheels, uprated brakes and suspension.
for the inside it'll be white dial conversion with chrome rings, new sporty front seats and rear seat conversion. also some subtle mods to dash with dvd player with built in screen, a bit of a high gloss finish on a couple of dash components and a parrot bluetooth. a bit of a change to the van will also be the sunroof i'm going to install.
i will be using the van for work so am going to look into increasing fuel economy so if anyone has anything to offer on that subject it will be very much appreciated.
the main reason for the post is to see if anyone has come across a black headlight conversion kit?
was looking for a black headlight conversion so if anyone knows where i'd get them from and let me know please. have searched the net but no joy, maybe i'm looking in the wrong place.

thats about it for now but will post photos of van before i start, all mods as they're being done and the finished product.

Dan
Hello Dan and welcome to the Forum.

That sounds like quite a project you'vee set yourself. I, for one, will be very interested in your progress.

There isn't a great geal of after market bolt on stuff specifically for the Berlingo. Some of the mechanicals are shared with the 306 for instance but a lot of it is quite unique.

What engine do you have? The issue of seat installation has been covered quite recently

Keep us posted how you go on
Black mask headlights? I've been meaning to do this myself but need so me spare lights to practice on!

306 guide, but the priciple should be the same..

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=53126
Sounds great, and welcome to the forum. Couple more you could add to your list, footwell lights, and change the colour of your dash and clock lights.
im not sure about your model, but as far as im aware the biggest wheel you can fit is a 17"
hi guys, thanks again for your replies and some good ideas to add.
in regards to the 18" alloys you are right but we did have them on a mk1 berlingo and only problem was on full lock they rubbed, but still had clearance in aches and also because shocks were changed.
van is being picked up this morning for trip to body shop for respray. i've been playing with idea of carbon fibre bonnet but cant seem to picture it looking right.
also purchased a roof mounted monitor for rear seating area.(have got children and holliday occasionally).
the seats for the rear are going to be the tricky one...we've played with the idea of a bench seat, multispace seat but are very dificult to get hold of.

will keep you all posted.

Dan
(28-12-2011, 03:57 PM)fmplumb Wrote: [ -> ]i hope this works as myself and computers dont really get on....

[Image: berlingomk2004.jpg]

let me know guys please if your able to view them.

[Image: berlingomk2006.jpg]

[Image: berlingomk2008.jpg]

[Image: berlingomk2009.jpg]

[Image: berlingomk2010.jpg]

[Image: berlingomk2015.jpg]

[Image: berlingomk2017.jpg]

[Image: berlingomk2019.jpg]

Hi, am looking forward to seeing it in black:drool:
hi guys, just a quick update....
having problems with the roof mounted monitor as theres no real way in fitting it so am going to go for the headrest screens.
did our marking out for sunroof aswel so that should be in by friday next.
monday is the day for the spray booth.
bought a multispace front bumper from ebay aswell this evening so will be black and some gunmetal grey on it.

still not sure as to how i'm going to aproach the headlights but am sure we'll come up with something.
rear seats are about the biggest bother at minute, we've had two different sets in today. a punto rear bench, but that was about 10 inches too small from side to side and a land rover discovery split rear seat but quite suprised as that was too small also.
think its going to have to be two individual recaro seats in rear and the same in front but modified to fit the berlingo seat frame....we were thinking of adapting the vectra b sri half leather seats to fit, what does you think?

will load more photos tomorrow to show the progress and at the end i'll give a full breakdown on total cost.

Dan
There will be some interest in which front seats you choose and how you get them to fit.

The whole project is worth keeping up with and thanks for the pics
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6