Berlingo Forum

Full Version: 1.9D air filter housing - screws or clips?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Possibly the dullest question ever posted, but has your Berlingo got screws or clips for the air filter housing?

Mine has 4 self-tapping screws that I wanted to renew as they are very rusty and the heads are knackered - but the Citroen computer shows clips so they were unable to supply me with new screws. :brickwall:

M59 2.0HDi - screws
Thanks a lot Coco, hopefully they will be the same.

I went round 2 Halfords, 4 motor factors, and my own fixings tray and there is nothing remotly similar to those bastard screws available! They are the weirdest looking thing.

Hopefully I can get a part number now.

Thanks again
Any chance of a pic of the screws?
If you can supply a pic I can probably identify the type
and see if they can be removed without too much "collateral damage"
I was thinking that the original clips may have broken or have been
lost and screws used in their place.
my 03 has screws, cold start idle is lower now new filter is in , lovely jubbly
mine has screws toooooo

Our 2000 1.9d has clips but our 2007 1.9d has screws same as the 2.0 HDI

The filters and housings are a different shape too.

Peter
It's so annoying, it looks like they were a custom made part.

I stupidly forgot to take a pic, but they are about 2 inches long, the part nearest the head is blank and there is a very coarse self tapping thread, but the end is flat and not point.

Might just zip tie the dang thing!
(31-12-2011, 04:34 PM)chronyx Wrote: [ -> ]It's so annoying, it looks like they were a custom made part.

I stupidly forgot to take a pic, but they are about 2 inches long, the part nearest the head is blank and there is a very coarse self tapping thread, but the end is flat and not point.

Might just zip tie the dang thing!

Try some long galvanised roofing nails.....
You know that looks like it might work!

Cheers and have a great NYE!
Pages: 1 2