Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Drivers Electric Window Bypass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is how to bypass the drivers electric window one touch unit.
This is maybe due to the window not operating normally.

Remove window control unit (6030) and splice together wire No.'s
6020 to 6021
6010 to 6011
(before cutting the wires - leave enough length on the plug end in case you want to reattach.)
This should make the drivers window act the same as the passengers.
A nice easy fix. :woop:

[Image: 1qpr3b.png]

Confusedalut:
(31-03-2012, 12:23 PM)Rustscrat Wrote: [ -> ]This is how to bypass the drivers electric window one touch unit.
This is maybe due to the window not operating normally.

Remove window control unit (6030) and splice together wire No.'s
6020 to 6021
6010 to 6011
(before cutting the wires - leave enough length on the plug end in case you want to reattach.)
This should make the drivers window act the same as the passengers.
A nice easy fix. :woop:
Confusedalut:

thanks rustcrat, a question tho, can I not just bridge the contacts in the plug/socket or is it necessary to replug the control unit after joining the wires? If it is poss to bridge I can do this without cutting the wires.
Leave the unit out all together and join the wires however you want.
Bridging the connector would be best so you could always revert back to standard. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much for this tip Mr Rustcrat, I have an '02 Berlingo Multispace which had this exact problem. I had a difference in wiring codes though, which also differ from what the Haynes manual said they should be. I found that cutting the plug off was the best option for a secure connection. Wiring connections were as follows.

Wire 6041 / Switch terminal 1 / Thin - Flesh coloured wire
Join to
Wire 6050 / Motor terminal 1 / Thick - Pink coloured wire

Wire 6051 / Switch terminal 5 / Thin - White coloured wire
Join to
Wire 6040 / Motor terminal 2 / Thick - White coloured wire

Incidentally the wires within the doors are numbered 608/609 but the colours stay the same.

Due to trying to follow the Haynes wiring diagram I initially connected 6050 - 6051 and 6040 - 6041,
This resulted in working windows but when you pushed the switch "up" the window went down and vice-versa.

Hope this is of use to someone, excellent forum, thanks again!
Rustscrat you sir are a legend. My drivers door window has been annoying me something shocking !
Hey can someone point me in the direction of 6030 can't seem to find the plug. Cheers.
From memory the plug on my M49 was just forward of the gearstick, under the oddments tray.
Cheers addo mine is an m59 anyone know where it is on it before I start ripping out the dash ?
Have a look at the picture below. Item 6030 is the unit you want.
It's shown to be on the right hand side of the Bsi so you might be able to see it with a torch before you start stripping. You are looking for a unit with a 9 pin maroon plug to it. Think it could be fastened to the inner wing with a bracket. Let us know how you get on.:thumbsup:

[attachment=1447]
Hey guys update!
Managed to do it and it works great I've attached a pic of 6030. It's the green box under the dash.

[Image: 2w4l5dj.jpg]
Pages: 1 2