Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Airbag lights (again!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having just bought a 54 plate van with the airbag light always on (yes I have a tremendous amount of empathy with 'Rob the Buff'). All the usual quick fixes have been tried to no avail so got hold of a scanner which produced the fault code of: P0801 which is further explained as ' Fault ignition module for drivers airbag, level 1 open circuit.'

Having been through the Haynes manual, no mention is made of an ignition module. A google search only produces the main airbag control ECU. Having had a pull and wiggle of the wiring connectors in and around the steering column, which did cure the fault for about 10 yards! Remaining on eversince. In view of this, it would suggest the fault to be around the steering wheel / column, and reading various sites similar to this the Com 2000 possibly being a suspect.

Does anyone know the location of the airbag ignition module? And is there a clock spring incorporated within the Com 2000? Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Least I got til November when the MOT's due.....

Should a new Com 2000 unit be required, are these a straight plug in or do they need to be calibrated with garage diagnostic equipment. Not really imagining the worse am I!!
Tubby, we will fight this together!!
Hi, the airbag ecu is located under the center console. As for a clock spring - no, but there is a coiled ribbon cable which connects the steering wheel switches (horn) and the drivers airbag to the comm 2000 module.
These coiled ribbons do break from time to time as read on the forum but not had any experience personally.
It does sound like your reader is saying it is this though.
Check your connections to the comm 2000, (unplug/plug).
Do a shutdown procedure and dissconnect battery before messing around with air bag system or you might end up with a grazed face!Confusedillyme:
Let us know how you get on.:thumbsup:
Rob, Rustcrat.

Thanks for your replies. These will be the first places I start with, and yes shall do a shutdown procedure. At best I don't fancy a dusting in talc!!

Probably be next weekend at the earliest I dive in. Certainly will let you know my progress or lack of.

Tubby
All,
Just in case you think me ungrateful for your help. My attempts shall have to be delayed as I've now got an arm in plaster!
As soon as I make some progress, I'll post it. Considering I can't drive for about 6 weeks, don't hold your breaths.

Cheers again

Tubby
(16-04-2012, 01:37 PM)Tubby Wrote: [ -> ]All,
Just in case you think me ungrateful for your help. My attempts shall have to be delayed as I've now got an arm in plaster!
As soon as I make some progress, I'll post it. Considering I can't drive for about 6 weeks, don't hold your breaths.

Cheers again

Tubby

No worries fella, watch the battery doesn't go flat!Confusedillyme: