Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Going to view....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,going to look at a mk2 berlingo tomorrow.
It's a 1.6 16v desire in Sahara it's supposed to have all the whistles and bells apart from alloys,it's had 2 owners from new but sadly the second owner passed away without driving it,so her son is selling it as its part probate.....
It's been serviced twice once at 3000 and again at 6000(sept 2010).
It's done 1800 since its last service.......so it's currently on 7860.
Mint condition so I'm told as well.
It sit 200 miles away from home and I thought its worth a look.

Question....what extras(whistles & bells)should I expect.?

CheersSmile
Checkout the probate thing sensitively but thoroughly-usually they can dispose of the deceased persons chattels before its granted, but the solicitor/excecutor may still need a valuation or reciept of sale for the estates tax liability to be processed by the Inland Revenue.
Also check that the vendor is an excecutor/administrator, or has permission from them,especially if there are more than one.
Feelings can run high between benefactors and things can turn difficult at the drop of a hat in these cases - you could end up having paid for a car that you have no title to.
Be sensitive but sensible and dont be too afraid to ask -they may not be aware of their responsibilities
If they are at the stage of selling the things off, then they will usually be past the sobbing stage.

All that doom and gloom aside,the car sounds good - I hope you get a really good bargain-post some piccies up and let us all know how you get on:thumbsup:
oops probably a bit late...

Think the main 'extras' to look for are aircon and the Modutop (overhead lockers and glass roof panels). ISTR the passenger airbag was optional (possibly also side airbags). There was also an optional 'comfort pack' with armrests, seat back trays and a folding box for the boot. Can't thing of anything else...

Good luck at the viewing! That's very low miles indeed...
(14-04-2012, 08:04 AM)evdama Wrote: [ -> ]Checkout the probate thing sensitively but thoroughly-usually they can dispose of the deceased persons chattels before its granted, but the solicitor/excecutor may still need a valuation or reciept of sale for the estates tax liability to be processed by the Inland Revenue.
Also check that the vendor is an excecutor/administrator, or has permission from them,especially if there are more than one.
Feelings can run high between benefactors and things can turn difficult at the drop of a hat in these cases - you could end up having paid for a car that you have no title to.
Be sensitive but sensible and dont be too afraid to ask -they may not be aware of their responsibilities
If they are at the stage of selling the things off, then they will usually be past the sobbing stage.

All that doom and gloom aside,the car sounds good - I hope you get a really good bargain-post some piccies up and let us all know how you get on:thumbsup:
Ok thanks for that,it all went smoothly.
It was the last item to go,the lady had passed on a while ago now,the reason
It had not yet been sold was due to seller only advertising locally and not having
Anyone interested,think the time came just after they had to tax and mot it
That the price had to be lowered
So I bought it at what I think is a good price of 4k ...
Will post a pic soon .cheers for the advice..Smile
(14-04-2012, 09:57 AM)shedpete Wrote: [ -> ]oops probably a bit late...

Think the main 'extras' to look for are aircon and the Modutop (overhead lockers and glass roof panels). ISTR the passenger airbag was optional (possibly also side airbags). There was also an optional 'comfort pack' with armrests, seat back trays and a folding box for the boot. Can't thing of anything else...

Good luck at the viewing! That's very low miles indeed...
Oh yes thanks as you may of gathered from above that I bought itSmile,from what I can work out its got rain sensor wipers,rain sensor
Head lamps,air con fitted,arm rests got them as well as table trays,dash computer gives miles to fill
Up etc, rear parking sensors,met paint, front fogs,Citroen matting front and rear,mudflaps....think thats it...for now......and all paperwork inc old mots, original bill of sale handbooks and brochures ....,I did have it hpi
Checked before buying just to be on the safeside
.....oh and almost forgot there is a basket in the boot which looks like it has seen
More use than the car itself :lol:

Cheers..

Congrats Fido, think you got a real bargain there!

Anyway welcome aboard and join in the fun
Yup, sounds like a good deal to me! Blimey, all those options I'd forgotten about :-)
Congratulations... Great feeling to find a good one, isn't it! Enjoy!
That sounds like a beautie :thumbsup:
Nice to hear of a positve outcome , well done dude ! Confusedalut:
well done, a good find.
Thanks for all the positive feedback folks,certainty thought I bagged a bargain,it was just a pain that had to do a 400 mile round trip,but that's paid off in the end...
Happy days ..
Pages: 1 2