Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Roofrack Advice Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could someone have a quick look at ebay Item number: 180859671563 and tell me if it will fit a Bingo car? The seller tells me it comes off an 04 van so I presume it'll fit my 04 Forte Multispace? I'd just like to be sure before bidding.

Thanks
(16-04-2012, 09:54 PM)crickleymal Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone have a quick look at ebay Item number: 180859671563 and tell me if it will fit a Bingo car? The seller tells me it comes off an 04 van so I presume it'll fit my 04 Forte Multispace? I'd just like to be sure before bidding.

Thanks

Find out if his blingo was a mk1/2 or a Mk3 as the fittings are completely different.
The Mk 3 just has 8mm screw-holes like earlier citroens
If its a Mk1/2 rack then good, but you will need to remove any fittings you may already have on there - the rack will have little clamps on the feet which fit over bare metal 'tabs' welded to the roof.

Check out the price of new stuff first so you avoid getting into a bidding war.
I had Aiko roof bars on my MK2
http://www.aiko-design.co.uk/products
They were brilliant.
They also sell on ebay.
(16-04-2012, 11:14 PM)evdama Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-04-2012, 09:54 PM)crickleymal Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone have a quick look at ebay Item number: 180859671563 and tell me if it will fit a Bingo car? The seller tells me it comes off an 04 van so I presume it'll fit my 04 Forte Multispace? I'd just like to be sure before bidding.

Thanks

Find out if his blingo was a mk1/2 or a Mk3 as the fittings are completely different.
The Mk 3 just has 8mm screw-holes like earlier citroens
If its a Mk1/2 rack then good, but you will need to remove any fittings you may already have on there - the rack will have little clamps on the feet which fit over bare metal 'tabs' welded to the roof.

I thought an 04 model would be a Mk2? I can't see from the picture what feet it has clearly.

I did a quick screen-capture and zoom-in with Photoscape-it does look very much like clamp type feet so you should be ok.
But check!!

[Image: 2mfmzaw.png]