Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Just joined the cause...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, have just registered & will be picking up my first Berlingo next week. It's a 2003 2.0HDI with 58K on the clock; it was either this or a diesel C3 (too small), or a C5 1.6HDI with 86K mileage; a glorious car to drive but I am trying to be a little more sensible for a change.
Have been an avid Citroen owner since 1978, & have owned 2CV, Ami 8, GS/GSA, DS, CX, BX(at least 3), built a Lomax Kit from a 2CV and latterly a Xantia TD Estate.
I just hope this Berlingo is going to be OK, it drove so well on test.
Photos may follow, but isn't it just a van with windows ?!! I do like it so far...
Citroaddict, Penarth, South Wales.
Hi, welcome to the forum, shuuuuuuuush don't mention it's a van with windows :whistle:
Thank you theraphosa, I found the vehicle (not a van) near Taunton after much searching. Pale metalic blue, spider not included!
That 8 legged lady was an optional extra lol.
Optional extra? Aaargh, don't do spiders, Loads Of Legs. Hope her Ladyship is securely contained. Had some big spiders in my barn when I lived in Norfolk, some big enough to drive a Berlingo. Oh, that's enough arachnaphobia for me...
Welcome to the forum. Same colour as mine, Mediterranean Blue is the official description. You will hopefully find that it is one of those colours that doesn't show the dirt too easily. Had a ZX way back when in a dark cherry (Morello) colour and that needed constant cleaning...
Thanks for womblish welcome & colour description, there are only 3 colours of car that show dirt - black, white, & all the rest, although I live to be proved wrong!
Finding my way around this forum, good indications so far, hope to be able to contribute in some way.
Welcome allong. Love the car history..Quirky old Citroens are awesome, Drove afew BX's and love 'em!
Thanks for welcome PeteA, & others too. Hope I am getting my replies in the right place. Quirky Citoens of the past definitely awesome. I once saw a quote somewhere... "A Citroen is not a car, it is a way of life". May I recommend the Citroen Car Club for any interested parties, spent years going to rallies seeing truly different vehicles & getting useful info. May be of use with Belingo help but I'm not sure how much you can access online without being a member these days.
citroencarclub.org.uk