Berlingo Forum

Full Version: How many miles have your Berlingo done on a tank of fuel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK - one for my fellow anoraks / nerds / skinflints / fanatics.

What is most miles that your Berlingo has done on a single tank of fuel?

(I guess we'll have to have separate categories for different engines.)
650 miles, mainly motorway. Would have done a bit more, but didn't have a fuel can on-board...
That (roughly) equates to 54mpg.
Taking it steady you can squeeze a few more mpg, so 700+ should be acheivable.
My last fill up I had done 726miles as the red light came on. It had done just over 61 mpg so i was chuffed :wave:
(19-09-2012, 01:58 PM)Tomcat3 Wrote: [ -> ]My last fill up I had done 726miles as the red light came on. It had done just over 61 mpg so i was chuffed :wave:

Very impressive!

How many more miles did you do between the red light coming on and filling up?
I only did about 5 miles after the light came on as there wasn`t many garages on my route and I didn`t fancy running out of derv.
So that's 731 miles in total? Looks like we might have a winner!

My best, so far, is (by odd co-incidence) 726 - driving a Mk2 1.6 HDi.

I must confess that achieving that involved a certain amount of risk, since I was driving along quiet Highland roads. And I didn't have a fuel can on board. I passed a garage 673 miles, knowing that the next garage on my route was over 45 miles away. I really wanted to get over 700 miles (sad, I know!) and reckoned that I was pretty certain to make it to the next garage.

Of course, if my wife had been in the car, I wouldn't have been allowed to try that!

I should add that my best with my Mk1 1.6i petrol engine was 552 miles. The odd thing about that was that I filled up at a garage that I had never used before and got so much petrol in the tank that I thought that the pump must have been incorrectly calibrated, and that I had been ripped off. When I was still going 500 miles later, I realised that the pump must have been reading correctly. I'm still a little puzzled about how one pump is apparently able to get more fuel into a tank than another pump.
About 500miles to a tank in mine, I have a lead foot and carry alot of weight about though. Hoping a remap will raise the figure but I'll probably end up thrashing it more, lol.
712 miles (including 18 past the light)

I'm not going far past the light at the moment as I haven't measured how much fuel remains. From what I can gather from the figures, assuming a 60 litres tank, I may of had another 6 litres or another 80 miles to go!

In my mk1; I physically measured the fuel remaining by syphoning it through the line that goes to the engine - the MK1 had a whopping 2.5 gallon remaining when light came on, and I was always more than happy to do a 100mile post light. I don't think the MK2 has anywhere near this much, but will get round to measuring it sometime - then I should easily beat the forum record of 731
Mk 3 1.6 Hdi Xtr did 518 miles on 52.14 litres. Dire Dire Dire.
I don't know how you guys are checking your MPG, but I use Fuelly to log mine.

Over 24 fuel ups I have averaged 46.2mpg and got a best of 49.4mpg. Pretty consistent, but I am gutted that I've not broke the 50mpg barrier yet.

Best tank so far was 511 miles / 49.91 litres / 49.4mpg

2005 Multispace 2.0HDi