Berlingo Forum

Full Version: User/Abuser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As, I imagine, many here I only found this forum because I have a problem with my Berlingo and wanted to have a stab at fixing it myself.

As it turns out, this forum appears a superb font of knowledge for all things Berlingo. Perfect late night reading.

Looking forward to joining in a bit here, hopefully not only when I have a problem.

The problems I have so far are

1) The floppy sliding door handle - got the pin, need to replace it
2) Airbag lights - a quick squeeze of the connector under the drivers seat tends to provide a temporary fix
3) Wandering engine cover - no ideas as of yet
4) Leaky roof - GAH!!

I have a 2.0HDi Multispace. Which, despite the above, I love.

If anyone can recommend threads that cover these issues I would be most pleased to hear from you.
Welcome, have a look around, think most of the topics have already been covered elsewhere on forum but you will have to dig them out...
Hi there and welcome to the forum. On the wandering engine cover I have seen on feabay bolt kits to repair re attach the said cover. The lugs seem to get broken by ham fisted gorillas when servicing.
Hi there, the engine cover you could just remove, mine has been without the cover since I bought it and I see no good reason to refit it?
Leaky roof, I take it you have the "Desire" model with the modutop type roof? there are several Topics on the forum regarding these roofs, each with a different option to try and solve the leak.
As for the other issues they are on here somewhere, plenty of late night reading for you to catch up on.Smile
Cheers for the welcome guys!
Hello to you

Looks likw you've got to grips with us and the Berlingo

As for the engine cover - put it in the shed.
Mine is.
And the spare wheel carrier.
And me whistling roofrack :whistle: Warm welcome from me Dave :wave: .
Thanks all for the greetings.

Has anyone tried the all metal mounting kit sold on fleabay? Seems like a smarter alternative.

As for *shed*ding the cover - is there a noticeable change in noise from the engine? I seem to remember it has some sound insulation built in.
No difference in volume from inside the vehicle. There might be a little from outside - but it's negligible
Pages: 1 2