Berlingo Forum

Full Version: New Berlingo Van Owner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, just a quick intro, I will be a Berlingo van owner on Friday, I pick up an 08 plate 800kg 1.6 HDI 90 bhp van 64k on the clock. Will be shelving it out for work (heating engineer) and a few mods to the audio setup. Pics will be posted once done.
Welcome!

Look forward to seeing it. Smile
I'll be starting with shelving it out, fitting a roof rack and installing a bluetooth head unit to start with. Speakers/tweeters will be done at a later date. Should have pics on next week.
(17-10-2012, 11:37 AM)vinny048 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be starting with shelving it out, fitting a roof rack and installing a bluetooth head unit to start with. Speakers/tweeters will be done at a later date. Should have pics on next week.

Great to have you aboard,enjoy your new van & the forum.
Picked it up earlier, only had an hour spare so fitted the roof rack and my Parrot Rhythm n Blue Bluetooth HU. Can't believe how poor the stock speakers are. Thankfully I have a pair of used FLI FL6 3 ways on their way to me only £18 off the bay.

Only dislike I have is the stereo staying on for a whole after the engine is turned off and that it powers up when the doors are unlocked.

I've attached 1 pic for now I put some in the pictures section once I done all the mods I need to.
Hi there nice looking van and you have a side door! I dream of having a side door and not having to crawl in the back to get everything.
Your radio problem has been covered on here and is not wired up correctly, have a search its a matter of swapping wires round or getting the correct patch lead.
Welcome to the forum.
Hello to you.

As Tomcat says, the matter of the radio has been covered many times - try a search.

The 1.6 is very picky about it's oil - I'd advise another search and read up on it
Thanks, I've seen the thread about swapping cables 4 & 6, I'll sort that in the next few days. I'll have to see how to set the time as it is 6 minutes out at present. On the plus side I've shelved out the rear now. http://i49.tinypic.com/51pnht.jpg