Berlingo Forum

Full Version: What is this part off ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend got this part in a auction lot. When the porter brought it with his items he asked him what it's for. The porter said it was part of a crane.
I know some of you guys work in different industry's so i was wondering if you had any ideas.

It has a bearing at the top which is a 31313A FAG
http://www.fagbearing.cc/FAG-bearings/31...48023.html

[Image: 200120131626_zps5f477af4.jpg]
[Image: 200120131624_zpscbef6c21.jpg]

cheers
Could it be part of a double-reduction hub of some description, the studs look a bit automotive......
It looks like a fork truck drive shaft end.
Judging by the splines it's definately something that's driven.
And by the match-marks on its centre portion, a mated assembly - scrap value without the other part.
(21-01-2013, 08:50 PM)addo Wrote: [ -> ]And by the match-marks on its centre portion, a mated assembly - scrap value without the other part.

Mated?do they breed?Confusedillyme:
No, that's mate as in conviviality.

You know; the two pieces grew up together beside the steel mill, they used to screw around with the same crowd and head off for a well-oiled night on the tiles. So now he's lost his mate, he's forking shafted.
(21-01-2013, 09:00 PM)addo Wrote: [ -> ]No, that's mate as in conviviality.

You know; the two pieces grew up together beside the steel mill, they used to screw around with the same crowd and head off for a well-oiled night on the tiles. So now he's lost his mate, he's forking shafted.

Thanks for that erudite explanation,you Antipodeans are so clever.Confusedcratch:Confusedcratch:
(21-01-2013, 08:50 PM)addo Wrote: [ -> ]And by the match-marks on its centre portion, a mated assembly - scrap value without the other part.
I agree but the bearing is should be worth around £30