Berlingo Forum

Full Version: fitting driving lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi can anyone advise the best place to fit driving lights to a mk 1 2000 model
Welcome! Nice to have you here with us.
I'm not a very technical person but I would hazard
a guess and would say somewhere suitable at the front.
More capable people will come along eventually and
probably say that I'm wrong!
(06-02-2013, 09:23 PM)billyberlingo Wrote: [ -> ]hi can anyone advise the best place to fit driving lights to a mk 1 2000 model

Usually at the front:lol:
You can buy some moulded ones that fit in the front bumper from eBay.
(07-02-2013, 06:34 PM)evdama Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2013, 09:23 PM)billyberlingo Wrote: [ -> ]hi can anyone advise the best place to fit driving lights to a mk 1 2000 model

Usually at the front:lol:

Front seems good to me, too. :thumbsup:

Or, of course, you could put them on the roof. Confusedillyme:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-ABS-SP...3c9caf3c0c
A friend of mine fitted them to his Honda CRV and had to put them at a specific place as the law stated in Bulgaria. I'm not sure if its the same requirement in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(07-02-2013, 09:04 PM)philip Wrote: [ -> ]A friend of mine fitted them to his Honda CRV and had to put them at a specific place as the law stated in Bulgaria. I'm not sure if its the same requirement in the UK.

There are regulation regarding height & spacing.
(07-02-2013, 09:08 PM)ron Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2013, 09:04 PM)philip Wrote: [ -> ]A friend of mine fitted them to his Honda CRV and had to put them at a specific place as the law stated in Bulgaria. I'm not sure if its the same requirement in the UK.

There are regulation regarding height & spacing.

There we go then.

Pretty sure DoT has guidelines about specifications and minimum / maximum height etc.
Check out Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989 for info. Confusedtudy:
Depends if the OP means J Arthur lights (eg, aftermarket foglights/chavlights) or long range, "proper" driving lights (eg, Super Oscars).

If the former, you can cobble up something in the fake blanking parts of the front bar - make some back-mounting brackets out of aluminium sheet and pop rivet them on with charcoal coloured rivets.

If the latter, I'd look for a compact design and modify the grille to have them near the headlight inner corners.
Pages: 1 2