Berlingo Forum

Full Version: 1.9d WJZ fuel pump question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello chaps, new here hope someone can help. I am about to replace my blown engine (cambelt snapped) with a second hand unit. I have heard a rumour that I need to use my original engine fuel pump on the second hand one as the pump is coded to the key. Can anyone tell me if this is true or just scaremongering as if I need too swap I will do iy before I drop the replacement in. The second hand one has a pump on it and Ive heard it driving so if I can leave it it would make my life easier. Thanks very much. Alan
Hi Alan, yes that would be right, otherwise the immobilizer will not let the engine run as it's on the back of the pump I think. Also as you have got the lump out it would be a good idea to do the Cam belt, Water pump and roller / tensioner. You don't want to be in the same position in a few weeks time when the belts gone again. Unless you know they were done recently. Just my thoughts. Dave.
Thanks Dave, appreciated. Got new belt, idler, pump etc, not running that risk again. Thanks will just swap my original onto second hand engine. Cheers
Sorry if a stupid question but what happens when the pump break and need to replace it?
Not a stupid question !!! If you change the pump either type it has to be coded to the immobiliser, usually by the dealer or a good mechanic with the gear
(15-02-2013, 06:37 PM)amtech Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if a stupid question but what happens when the pump break and need to replace it?

you slap a new pump on then have to pay a garage with the correct computer gizmo to connect up and tell the car its got a new pump..... and pray

or scrap the car and buy another one.