Berlingo Forum

Full Version: glow plugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi can anyone recomend a good glow plug? Do you get what you pay for or are they all the same ish..?
Hi, you get what you pay for mostly!
I have used Beru and NGK on all my vans with great success.
You need to test them out of the box though, to make sure they work!
It has been known that duff ones are out there!!
BERU, thats what i got
Cheers for your reply...i was looking on ebay at ngk
how do you test a glow plug? Wire and a battery?
(18-02-2013, 08:13 AM)scotty3968 Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for your reply...i was looking on ebay at ngk

Ohmeter is best.there is a thread here that gives the values.
If you go on the ngk web site and get their stock number you can get a good price on ebay , i payed £22.50 with free p&p by doing it this way for my 2005 berlingo 2.0 hdi !
I will only fit Beru, we have had issues with every other make over the years.
(18-02-2013, 08:13 AM)scotty3968 Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for your reply...i was looking on ebay at ngk

Take it out, connect it to the battery with a jump lead whilst grounding it. If it glow red then its ok and if it doesn't its bolloxed.

Worked for me. New one would glow within a second and the old ones took almost 4 seconds
(19-02-2013, 11:26 PM)800HDI Wrote: [ -> ]If it glow red then its ok and if it doesn't its bolloxed.
Worked for me.

Does this expression mean "The item is beyond economic repair, old boy !!!!":whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: