Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Top Mount Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone describe just what this 'top mount modification' is and what it achieves. Mine is a 58 XTR with abot 48,000 on it and it has the odd rattle and shake at times but I dont realy know if it is top mount related or just a Mk 3 Multispace thing!!! The rear end can get a bit skittery even at normal speeds in bends that have a pot hole or change of surface mid bend. Mind you, for handling I liked my Mk 2 much better. Give me a Mk 2 with removable rear seats, Modubox, roof windows and the 1.6 engine of the XTR and I would be a happy bunny as the saying goes. Dont think I will have another Mk 3 which is a shame as I have had two Mk2's before, hence the current XTR.
The top mount mod is really just a slightly thicker rubber mount from what I could see, to distance the shocker rod slightly more, it didnt stop my rattle , it was a noisy (bolloxed) damper on mine, but they are never a silent ride over bumpy roads.