Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Removing Power Steering Pump mounting bolts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone got a suggestion for how to remove the power steering pump mounting bolt which is on the outer end behind the pulley. I can get at it but because it is below the level of the inner wing I can only get an allen key into it but the pulley is stopping the allen key I have from seating fully so it pops out when I put any pressure on it. The other two bolts have come out easily!

It is on a 2003 1.9d without air-con if that makes any difference. I am wondering if I will need to loosen the engine mount and lift the engine slightly to get a better tool in place but am reluctant to do that.

Any help greatly appreciated!
I guess no one knows then! I think the solution is going to have to be to remove the engine mount and lift the engine as the Haynes manual suggests for the cam belt. Waiting for the replacement pump at the moment but will report on how I get on.
Sorry for the late reply Andy!

you are correct remove the engine mounting and use a trolley jack to lower it then you should be able to get at offending bolt.
The new pump is on! I used my engine crane to lift the engine so I could get at the bolt, once that was done it was a reasonably easy job I suppose. Interestingly, the lower bolt which was so hard to get at had both an Allen headed element but was also a 13mm bolt - I didn't expect it to be different to the top one, had I known that it would have been slightly easier!
glad you sorted it Andy - well done
Ah the different size bolt syndrome! Why do they do it?
(12-04-2013, 07:16 AM)crickleymal Wrote: [ -> ]Ah the different size bolt syndrome! Why do they do it?

cos its French Confusedillyme: