Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Rear wiper on tailgate wiped itself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was walking to the car the other morning and I pressed the unlock button on remote and for some strange reason the rear wiper on tailgate did one wipe by itself. Has anyone heard of this before it had me bamboozled. Never happened before or since then. Thanks
Not had that, but my rear wiper and washer sometimes comes on when the engine is running.
My rear wiper occasionally starts when it starts to rain and I don't even have the auto start feature. Doesn't do it all the time though. Must be a French poltergeist.
AS far as I'm aware (i will need to check).

Front wipers on.
Reverse gear.
Rear wipes automatic.

Rear wiper activated when unlocking the car sounds suspect.
May be a software bug in the ECU rather than an electrical problem?
Yeh I figured it must just be a glitch in the matrix. It's a bit random but only happened the once
(14-04-2013, 10:33 AM)C4LL_D Wrote: [ -> ]Yeh I figured it must just be a glitch in the matrix. It's a bit random but only happened the once

Before or after the pub?:whistle::whistle:
(13-04-2013, 06:00 PM)C4LL_D Wrote: [ -> ]Was walking to the car the other morning and I pressed the unlock button on remote and for some strange reason the rear wiper on tailgate did one wipe by itself. Has anyone heard of this before it had me bamboozled. Never happened before or since then. Thanks

Mines a MK3 -but it will do this if the ignition was switched off with the wipers on - even if they've aready parked.
(15-04-2013, 07:32 AM)evdama Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-04-2013, 06:00 PM)C4LL_D Wrote: [ -> ]Was walking to the car the other morning and I pressed the unlock button on remote and for some strange reason the rear wiper on tailgate did one wipe by itself. Has anyone heard of this before it had me bamboozled. Never happened before or since then. Thanks

Mines a MK3 -but it will do this if the ignition was switched off with the wipers on - even if they've aready parked.

I'll see if mine does the same.
Would confirm it's a software bug rather than a fault.
Happened again last night but car was unlocked in my yard and I walked towards it and pressed unlock and rear wiper went of. Starting to grow to the idea of its like a dogs tail and it wags when I head towards it in excitement ha ha
(17-04-2013, 01:08 PM)C4LL_D Wrote: [ -> ]Happened again last night but car was unlocked in my yard and I walked towards it and pressed unlock and rear wiper went of. Starting to grow to the idea of its like a dogs tail and it wags when I head towards it in excitement ha ha

Start worrying when you hear it bark Smile Anyhow, happens to me from time to time. Only when unlocking. Then again, I unlock while walking TOWARDS the car, and lock it walking AWAY from itSmile It's only natural not to notice the glitch in the latter situation, right? Smile
As to why the rear wiper comes on in the rain, it's because it's programmed to do so when reversing with the front wipers on. Bit annoying, if you ask me.