Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Amateur radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Has anyone fitted a transceiver (2mtr/70cms) to a New Berlingo Multispace, there are warnings in the handbook but that seems to be the norm from all car manufacturers. Bill
Do you mean a CB radio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02-05-2013, 06:05 PM)philip Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean a CB radio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NO the man said Amateur Radio, totally different to CB. Radio Amateurs are required to undertake exams to prove their competency in the usage of AMATEUR RADIO equipment, they apply for a licence and are given a unique call sign.

Totally unlike CB operators....

(01-05-2013, 07:56 PM)Bill Foster Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone fitted a transceiver (2mtr/70cms) to a New Berlingo Multispace, there are warnings in the handbook but that seems to be the norm from all car manufacturers. Bill

Sorry Bill, can't help you on this issue, I have a Mk2 but not installed any kit in it. There are several other hams on the forum though so hopefully somebody will chip in and help......

73's de G7MMT
I obviously dont know anything about it, do you talk, play music?
Rubber Duck ???
(03-05-2013, 06:33 AM)taxi Wrote: [ -> ]Rubber Duck ???

if she'll let you:twisted:
(03-05-2013, 12:35 AM)philip Wrote: [ -> ]I obviously dont know anything about it, do you talk, play music?

Yes I do talk and I play music but not at the same time as I operate my radio equipment.....
We could have a Convoy of Berlingos with HAM radios and 20 foot Ariels and drive to Citroen UK.
(03-05-2013, 10:23 AM)philip Wrote: [ -> ]We could have a Convoy of Berlingos with HAM radios and 20 foot Ariels and drive to Citroen UK.

With some big enough kit they could be microwaved into submission
(03-05-2013, 10:23 AM)philip Wrote: [ -> ]We could have a Convoy of Berlingos with HAM radios and 20 foot Ariels and drive to Citroen UK.
It would be less rubber duck and more rubber ear from Citroen UK, I expect. :brickwall:
Pages: 1 2 3