Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Rear Brake Shoes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone out there help me, how do i take drum off. do i need to wind off first and how do i adjust when fitted.Thank you

(27-05-2013, 07:11 PM)conleth Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone out there help me, how do i take drum off. do i need to wind off first and how do i adjust when fitted.Thank you
Leave off the handbrake. Take out the 2 torx screws. Bate it off
(27-05-2013, 08:24 PM)corkgsxr Wrote: [ -> ]Leave off the handbrake. Take out the 2 torx screws. Bate it off
Thanks, i can do that i like the idea of bateing at it.
when i fit the new does it self adjust
It's best to adjust manually after renewal.Adjust with the star wheel until you can hear a light scuffing but NO binding.
I manually adjust every service & normally get up to 8 teeth tighter.:thumbsup:Also,if there is a wear ridge on the drum,remove it gently with a grinder.
Id highly recommend ebc shoes. They work compared to most
I use a plastic mallet to whack round the outside of the drum to get it off. Mintex shoes and pads are sold at our local shop and they are good quality.
Thanks to you for this nice and informative post sharing me,In my opinion Leave off the handbrake. Mintex Shoes and pads are sold at our local shop and they are good quality.
"Thanks to you for this nice and informative post sharing me"

I cant decide if this is to be done in a Yoda voice or Aleksander the Meerkat

The force is strong in this one - simples!
I can't decide if "Dane" is practising his English or leaving a village somewhere bereft of their resident simpleton.
(03-06-2013, 11:13 PM)addo Wrote: [ -> ]I can't decide if "Dane" is practising his English or leaving a village somewhere bereft of their resident simpleton.

Very naughty and not politically correct Confusedillyme:Confusedillyme:Confusedillyme:

But !!! most amusing :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Dane apart from the name has an eastern european aura ???

Sorry Dane not being rude really please take it with a pinch of salt :thumbsup: