Berlingo Forum

Full Version: new car ( 2010 ) needs a few bits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well finally got to pick up my berlingo last sat , and once u get to look round it properly u find a few things need doing , front tyres lookrd ok but the centres are both touching them little blocks , front discs are worn and pads so new ones them and rear pads , no spare key and no little credit card with numbers on so ,got spend a bit more now , so is it citroen for the brake parts as will fit myself , tyres are big 225/55/16 so got get descent tyres , and as for the key i know thats gone be costly , any advice or help ,Rob.
Hope you're enjoying the new motor Rob despite a few unscheduled problems. Don't know whether you bought privately or from a garage, but if it was from a garage I'd be cutting back to them to sort some of the problems - like selling you a car that's going to cost you a bit to get sorted. Guess you're on your own if you bought privately.
Tips? Don't buy the cheapest pads and discs. Lots of horror stories of friction material separating from the metal backing, and cheapo discs with too much runout.
i did purchase from a garage ,and so far nothing bad top say about this car loving it , but was made aware of key , and other bits are legal but id rather change now than wait till mot in january , iam gone check out cost at citroen first , see what they prices they give .
Citroen garage charges fixed price £220 for front discs & pads. GSF have the parts for about £85 standard parts or £120 for premium quality. So I would guess a non franchise garage would charge perhaps £180 using quality parts. If the garage sold you the car with discs/pads below limit then car is not fit for purpose & they should replace these free. If they are above manufacturer tolerance then I suppose they are 'wearing parts' so not covered by warranty. For your tyres, online suppliers like Tyreshopper are often cheapest. You buy online & tyres are delivered to a tyre depot local to you & you go & get them fitted as normal. I wouldn't go for dearest like Michelin, imo you are just paying for name. I replaced mine with Avon tyres from Tyreshopper £93 each for that size incl. fitting etc & after a year they are wearing at least as well as the original Michelins.
I was quoted 220 from citroen, bloody rip off, so local garage did it for 140.00 with genuine citroen parts. No problems 8 months on.
Before buying any tyre now check out its rating, [ local dealers worth visiting to chat about this, like buying a fridge, cheapest to run. quietest etc] The most expensive aren't always the best, though Michelin are good in wet, long wearing and hold road well. Do check it out. Most major tyre manufacturers are shitiing themselves over this new legislation they have to meet. It really shows up good tyres...