Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Self Centering is very strong?????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just purchased a Berlingo Mk3 1600 XTR (2010 Reg) and find the steering has a very strong self centering feel to it but also seems to want to go slightly left when it is self centered. I had a Mk2 Berlingo before this and that had really light feel to the steering. Is this strong self centering normal? What do you think the pulling slightly to the left is? I have a 3 month warranty but the garage is 15 miles away so don't want to go to them if this is normal.
Thanks,
PeteH
You could always ask them to look at it since you still have 3 months warranty no harm in that, but be aware they are allowed to charge you even although its under warranty just to check it.
i found this on mine , think its to do with the big tyres (215 55 16 ) and profile ,which can tend to follow tram lines in road , remember all our roads camber to the left for drainage , i checked tyre pressures , which were out and much better now corrected , on a long road and in centre of road its fine , power steering is speed sensitive , so light at slow speeds , and heavt at high speeds , can take a bit of gettig used to .