Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Garage Warranty Query, welcome your views.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'd welcome your views on the current situation with my servicing.

I bouught 1.6HDI 08 tepee second hand from a dealer in Jan with a 12 month warranty.

As some of you may recall the turbo blew in April after 4000 miles, which the garage replaced, I paid for an oil and filter change at approx 1200 miles after the turbo repair. (which would be equivalent to a approx 6000 mile interim oil change)

The turbo failed at a further 4000 miles, which they have partly admitted was due to them not removing the gauze on the oil feed pipe, as they were recommended to do so, having sought Lightys advice.

Now another 1250 miles after the latest turbo, its due for another oil and filter change.

I asked the garage for a contributuion towards this as if they had fitted the turbo correctly in the first place and removed the gauze it wouldnt have needed another turbo and another oil and filter change.
The garage in question has politely refused to contribute.

Am I being reasonable in asking them to pay (at least in part for this). I feel a litle bit stung as I'm going to have to pay for the full 12.5k service in another 2500 miles time.

Would welcome your views.
Personally I'd do it myself. At least you know it will have been done. Morally they certainly owe you but whether it's worth fighting for that when you could get the oil and filter for about £35 or so is up to you.
(23-10-2013, 03:09 PM)crickleymal Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I'd do it myself. At least you know it will have been done. Morally they certainly owe you but whether it's worth fighting for that when you could get the oil and filter for about £35 or so is up to you.

Mal,

Thanks for your tuppence, FWIW they want £95 quid for oil, filter and labour.

Any other views?
Im with crickleymal on this one I would do it myself. Get your oil and filter from neilson on line about 35 quid and then you can have a look at the stuff coming out and what the old filter looks like. I know you have had a bad experiance but I would want the peace of mind. Also if you do the filter and oil change now when the service is do it wouldnt need replacing just get them to do all the other service items.
Mine gets a oil/filter change every 8000/9000 miles whether it likes it or not.
Good luck.
Just to say that having written to said garages customer services manager, they agreed in the end to change the oil and filter FOC.

Thanks for your comments
Thats a good outcome and a bit of customer service in the end for you lenny.
Well done,Lenny.:thumbsup::woop:
Well done Lenny you got a result. My Berlingo is also just back on the road with a new turbo. I've now done a smidge over 100 miles since it was fitted. It seems to be driving ok and if anything appears to be a bit more lively accelerating. Mine was also covered under a 12 month warranty thank goodness. The only thing I don't know is if they took the banjo filter out. I'm going to leave it another 100 miles and for peace of mind get an oil and filter change at my local garage. They don't specialize in Citroen but are as good as gold. It was they that suspected my turbo was gone and they were right.

I will get them to check for the turbo feed gauze filter at the same time. If it costs me a few quid then it's money well spent. I'd rather have it physically checked than Citroen tell me it's been removed when in fact it hasn't. I don't do many miles and it might be out of warranty if it goes again.

I downloaded the service bulletins from this forum and it clearly states on there when replacing a turbo to remove the gauze filter. Shows how many garages take notice of that.