Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Berlingo 1.6hdi eco mode non start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Afternoon all,

Having had the Berlingo a few weeks I have ran into a few problems! Firstly the car needed a new EGR valve, luckily that was fix at the dealers expense given the cost of the Citroen part!

This afternoon I was fitting a new cd player and autoleads kit and the car has gone into eco mode on the dashboard display. Neither my normal key or spare key will start the car. I have tried charging the battery to no avail, the engine turns over fine so I'm pretty sure that the battery isn't the case (although its not fully charged). I follow the procedure for the BSI shutdown but got a little confused at points:

1) when it talks of turning the side lights on should these illuminate? Mine dont.

2) when you try and start the engine at the end do you start it from outside the car I presume.

This didn't seem to work but I may need to run through it again to ensure I followed the procedure correctly.

Any other ideas on how I can fix this incredibly annoying problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Greg
Eco mode on the display is just saying that the ignition has been on for 20 mins. it is an annoying 'feature' of the Berlingo.

I think I would check to see what wires you may have moved/disconnected when you fitted the CD player before delving into the innards of the engine, starting system.