Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Lost Power - Error Code P0402
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my way home from work tonight the car lost power and wouldn´t rev more than about 2500rpm - no engine management lights on. Using Lexia I have fault code P0402 "Exhaust Gas Recycling Flow Incorrect".

So a few of questions:
1. Is this the EGR valve that´s playing up or could it be something associated with it?
2. I cleared the fault and took the car for a quick spin round the block and it now seems to be working properly. Is this problem likely to come back or could it be a one-off glitch?
3. Is it safe to use the car when it goes into "limp home" mode?

Cheers!
1. Either the EGR or the solenoid
2. Who knows???? French electrickery
3. Yes, safe to use just a PITA.

% good starts will usually clear limp mode for "minor" ailments such as these.

Egr's can be troublesome and is worth either removing it to clean it out, or like me, removing it and throwing it away !!
indeed - van will be lethargic when in limp home, but I'd advise sorting it, as I've had this exact problem with my Transit and it would always pick the time i most needed the power to happen. Let me tell you, pulling out a layby on a busy dual carriageway and losing your power isn't fun at all....

Thanks Ford........