Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Front Suspension Chatter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,
I have just purchased a 2010 XTR is it me or does the front suspsension chatter on rough roads fine and quiet on dual carriageways etc I have been following the tyre wear threads looked at mine just now this one has covered just over 18000 miles and seems ok can anyone please confirm that this chattering is coming from the front as this sounds like it and is this as Citroen say normal for the car otherwise really happy with the Berlingo and what a brilliant forum many thanks to Andre and all the members hard work

photoman06.
Probably nothing to worry about. I've always thought the suspension is a bit on the hard side & I guess the wider tyres on the XTR make it harder still but mine has just gone through MoT at 5yrs with no probs. Part of the A12 towards Chelmsford is still old concrete with the ridges & mine tends to chatter over that but its ok on smooth roads.
Hi Opensauce,
Thanks for your reply that gives me more confidence as this is my first Citroen and Berlingo love the car and the forum thanks again

photoman06.
(25-02-2014, 06:45 PM)photoman06 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Opensauce,
Thanks for your reply that gives me more confidence as this is my first Citroen and Berlingo love the car and the forum thanks again

photoman06.

Not wishing to rain on your parade, but it may be worth you reading this thread :- http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthrea...suspension

Apart from this it is a dam fine car.
Hi Trevor,
Thanks for the link it's not all good news is it like you say Iam the same I really like the car and it's driving position I will keep a eye on it I have a 12month Peugeot Warranty with the car which covers work on a mot as well as it was purchased from a Peugeot Dealer in Cornwall

photoman06