Berlingo Forum

Full Version: berlingo 850 enterprise 90ps van
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi to all... :woop:
just picked up my 1st berlingo van.
Confusedunny:
new shape,
850 enterprise 1.6 hdi 90 ps,
on a 61 plate & just 38k.!!
love it..!
only real issues i have is the stereo :brickwall:
its crap, dont like it.
the speakers are crap,1 is blown im sure.
apart from that the vans good as.

does anyone know what size speakers fit in the doors..?
i know ill need adapters or mdf spacers, thats no prob.

i want to fit speakers in dash as im sure it doesnt have them.
what size do i need ?

i do have some infinity tweeters about,
so may use them in dash.
but i must upgrade door speakers asap...

i will be upgrading the hu soon its ordered just waiting.
i have a sub to fit in but i cant find info on wiring loom for stereo,
im using the speaker outputs/links for a sub feed.

any ideas on which wire colours i need to tap into for rear speakers ?

also, does anyone know if this van has a solid flywheel
or the dual mass crap.?
im pretty sure its a solid flywheel,

van solid, car dual mass???

im considering fitting an uprated clutch kit as clutch does feel pretty high i think, im considering a map too, just to get it dialed for useable power but more towards fuel economy.
????
any good size wheel and tyre combo? :whistle::whistle:,
the vans ok but it needs less tyre wall....
any suggestions..?

someone must have explored these vans out by now....
thanks

:wave::wave:
Glad you are liking the Berlingo, we do remapping for these engines, the 1.6 hdi took us a lie to master correctly, my sons Peugeot 206 has been the test mule, with no dpf & cat, it has 140 bhp and goes like a train, used very carefully it will do more than 60 mpg. We also do Eco maps.
His car has a solid flywheel , we fitted this from a 90 bhp van, this is what yours will have. The DMF would struggle with his power.
If you search the forums you will find lots of information about the radio and speaker replacements.
(01-03-2014, 02:54 PM)Lighty Wrote: [ -> ]Glad you are liking the Berlingo, we do remapping for these engines, the 1.6 hdi took us a lie to master correctly, my sons Peugeot 206 has been the test mule, with no dpf & cat, it has 140 bhp and goes like a train, used very carefully it will do more than 60 mpg. We also do Eco maps.
His car has a solid flywheel , we fitted this from a 90 bhp van, this is what yours will have. The DMF would struggle with his power.

Sounds my cup of tea....!
Any more info on what I'd need to uprate or change, ie k&n, decat/defap pipe,egr blanking kit...
Also, how much for a map, I'm after Eco but power..?
I've tried to find info on speakers but no joy...
Still can't find the wiring diagram for speaker wires
Sad
I would not recommend removing the cat assembly at the front, as this will give you issues at mot time, the filter needs to be visibly present, and you van will not have a dpf anyway. Personally I would do a dpf delete, as I am convinced that GUIs is one of the main things that pollutes the engine inside, others may tell you differently.
An Eco tune map is £175 + vat to forum members! saving you £25 off the regular price, extras like the egr delete are £30 extra.